Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Life Changing

Is it enough if I just write life changing words? I should think not. I hope that my words bring hope and transformation to you, but as I reflect on them myself, I realize how much I've grown, changed, transformed. I also realize, in reading through past posts, how much room I still have for growth. If all I'm doing is writing great words, but I'm not experiencing change, growth & transformation then my words are empty. If I spend my days hidden in this cozy room, in my fuzzy robe, writing about the great things that need to be done in this world, but never set foot out the front door to do anything, does that make me a hypocrite? I think so.
I don't just want to write great things and do nothing. I don't just want to sit here, with my perspective, write it out, publish it on the web, then sit back and drink my coffee, hidden inside my house. I want to write the right words, I want to write the words that God lays on my heart, not just the ramblings of a less than perfect girl. Yet, at the end of the day, I want to have done more than that. I want to be an example to my children, an example to my neighbor, an example to my community. Being Christ-like is a call to action. Jesus didn't sit somewhere, writing letters and blogs, hidden from plain sight. He was in full view of the public eye, healing the sick, raising the dead, and encouraging the broken.
As I write, and hope to help someone, hope to encourage someone, hope to reach out to someone, I've realized something. My own growth seems to flourish more fully when I write. I am the one learning. I am the one growing, changing, and being filled with hope. When I started this blogging journey, I thought it was going to be a fun means to an end. I would monetize my blog, and this would be fun and profitable. Then, I removed the monetize feature from my blog (more about that here). After a lull and trying to figure out what direction to go with the fun side of blogging, I started writing for you, the reader. Or for the web. I don't have a very clear topic for my blog, other than it being about the life of a girl seeking Christ as she raises two kids amongst other life-challenges. I wanted to be hopeful, funny, encouraging.
Now, a few months later, I'm realizing that sometimes, more often than not, I'm writing for me. Not in as selfish of a way as that sounds. It's just like, as I write something profound, it strikes me and suddenly I realize that I need to do something different in my own life.

What is life changing for you? How do you learn best? What do you need to change in your life and how are you prioritizing it?

No comments:

Post a Comment