Friday, January 22, 2010

New Babies

Ah, what a grand day. My sister had her baby today - a healthy boy, 7lbs 9oz, 21.5in, Caedin is his name! What a blessing!

My neighbor and new found friend had her baby a week and a half ago, on the 11th, a healthy girl named Elizabeth.
Another blessing!

My friend from church had a healthy baby boy on the 18th!

Another friend from church is due in March.

Pastor and his wife have welcomed their 6th into the world this week, as well! Also, a boy!

I've been looking around at all of these amazing babies, and the people that love them. I have to admit, I'm feeling a little bummed. I want another baby. I've known I wanted to have another baby for a while. Like, since Isaiah was probably 8 months old, but it was too late then. Stacy had gotten a vasectomy (that we agreed on) and overall, it was probably for the better, even then. Being the mother of his 5th and 6th children was a good stopping point. Well, it wasn't nearly so sad to think about that family decision, as a family. My husband and I had the kids we wanted and prayed for, and we were content.

Then, my life does a one-eighty, and I am a single mom. I can't imagine having more than two through this process, and my heart breaks for their broken hearts. I would take away the damage and hurt that has happened in regard to them, any day, at nearly any price. I could not fathom breaking the hearts of more than the two that are already being broken.

And somehow I end up thinking of a family, and a man, and wondering how I could ever have kids that are not Asher and Isaiah's full brothers/sisters. The thought is so weird to me, which is weird to me, too. I have two half brothers, but I love them dearly. I know of happy blended families. I just can't imagine it. Another man around the boys? The thought is weird and awkward...and seems wrong.

I know I am very happy for all of these Mommy's, Daddy's and Babies! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment