Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where's the Bible?

I hit the snooze button a few times too many, but managed a shower, a couple chapters in Luke, walking the dog, and getting the boys to school on time. I headed toward work, with the intention of working out. I felt a bit foggy, and my heart was heavy. I got to work, waiting for my work out buddy, who had a morning of small hassles, and we missed our work out. I had a 32oz green tea, and she got a coke, and we headed for Chickasha. When we arrived at the courthouse we went in the back door, wandered our way to the front side of the building, then sat and waited. And waited. Oh well, that's how it goes, hmm? Could be worse than just some waiting. My attorney arrived, said we'd be called up quickly due to the uncontested status of the divorce. My best friend accompanied me to the courthouse, but being that her darling two-year old was with her, she had to wait in the hall way while I went into the court room. I'm looking around, and my heart is heavy, and everything's foggy. How awful is it that I was among probably 15 cases of divorce, just to be heard by that one judge, in this one town, in this one county, on this one day. Ugh, that's disgusting and it made my stomach hurt. The first person was sworn by oath to tell the truth, and my only thought was "Where's the Bible?" Apparently they don't swear on the Bible anymore? Not that I can really imagine holding a Bible, swear to tell the truth, and proceed with divorce, I still struggle with wondering, if Jesus himself walked into my house, office, rode in my car, etc., would I be able to justify to Him why I just went through with it? I don't know. It's over, and I keep hoping for a deep breath and a sigh of relief, but I never saw myself getting a divorce....I never saw it being over. I never thought he'd walk away. I didn't think he could move on so fast. And how great must she be, to replace me? But then again, maybe I was harder to live with than I realized...

No comments:

Post a Comment