Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Baby, it's cold in here!

Brr! My goodness, my parents spoiled me rotten while we were in Colorado. They keep their home warmed to a cozy 78 degrees F. Now, you must bear in mind that the entire time I was in their home I thought it was a bit too hot for my taste. They had a fire place - actually more like a wood burning stove. The thing keeps the house toasty.

Fast forward from our arrival on Thursday morning to our departure on Sunday afternoon, and I was getting used to the warmth. Plus, we spent enough time in the vehicle, making it toasty or cool to our personal preference. Now I'm at home, with my thermostat set at 70 degrees F - and I'm FREEZING. Like, keep the blankets on, heavy socks, sweat pants, and where is my comfy sweater?! I guess I got used to Mom and Dad's "It's too hot in here..." house. While I'm thankful for my electricity, I'd like to install a wood burning stove please. I don't like super high electric bills, plus I try to watch my consumption of resources.

I started a new blog, you should be able to see the link to the right - it's about my journey this year to begin a life of eating smarter, and moving more! :)

Until I write again!

May you have your hearts desire, and may you desire exactly what God wants for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment