Monday, December 27, 2010

Early New Years Resolution!

We are home, and I'm already thinking about 2011. Christmas was fantastic, our trip was wonderful, and I loved seeing my family. I enjoyed my Mom's company, I got to play with my nephew, hang out with my niece, my sister is so lovely, my dad was ornery, and my brother was with us for the first time in years. Not to mention I got to enjoy watching my boys interact with all of them, and their Dad was along with us - which proved most helpful for babysitting and driving! (He was also good company - but I didn't just admit that!)

Health wise, I am struggling. I am not moving around very well, I'm in pain (mostly joint pain), and I am definitely not breathing well. I'm sure the strange weather doesn't help my asthma any, but I'm also certain that the weight I've gained is worse. I weighed myself before we left and was HORRIFIED. I weighed myself tonight... 208.6lbs - I only ever weighed this much one other time, and I was pregnant. Certainly not healthy then, but even worse now. I spent 28 minutes on my Wii Fit - yoga & strength training. I'm going to try to do SOMETHING everyday -whether it's the Wii Fit, the Kinect Dance Central, the Wii Active, or walking, or my exercise ball DVD's, or my walk at home DVD's...any of the above, as long as I get in some form of movement everyday...for close to or more than 30 minutes.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to dedicate my Monday posts to updating you about my weight loss progress as well as any changes in my eating habits that I make, or if I'm going to start a new blog dedicated to just this journey. A new blog would give me space for lots of recipes, and daily updates about what I'm eating and what exercise I did. Comments?

As for the early resolution: I plan on loosing this excess weight. I should weigh about 145lbs - so I need to loose 63lbs. So long as I loose 1.5lbs EVERY week I will reach my goal weight the end of October 2011. So, 10 months of dedication to loose the weight, and a lifetime of good choices to keep it off. Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment