Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Super Mom: Enter!

Ah, she never shows up on cue. But lately I've been feeling more super as a mom then I had been. I've been baking and cooking all kinds of fun things - the boys are truly enjoying the homecooked food and so am I. It's nice to be eating something that wasn't prepackaged and frozen. Don't get me wrong, I love to fill my freezer with frozen homemade casseroles, but I get tired of TV dinners and chicken nuggets. So do my kids.

For snack today I cut up some apples and bananas, drizzled with honey, mixed in some greek yogurt, and served. No one had anything left in their bowls, and I had to wash their faces from licking the bowls out.

Before snack, I made a tex-mex chocolate cake. Homemade, from scratch, tex-mex chocolate cake, with homemade chocolate frosting. I can't wait to try it - it's a small group thing.

I also put together a bunch of curriculum for the boys, of which they are always happy to engage in. I found a book I bought at church early this year...a study in Phillipians. I think I'm going to start that book, and I'm also thinking I want to start a 30 day blogging challenge.

I love to write, and when I start, I usually have so many things I want to write about that I stop writing because I get very very overwhelmed by all of my ideas!

So, today is the start...but I'm going to count tomorrow as Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment