Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas Traditions

Hey everybody, I missed last night - I was dog tired, and we ended up staying up late to let the boys open one present each - I got some great pictures! It was very worth it!

I've been thinking about Christmas Traditions - and I started feeling like we don't really have any. I found myself wanted to wake up at "home" on Christmas morning, to start having traditions...odd isn't it? Well, I realized through all of my thinking about it that we do have some traditions, and they are very dear to my heart.

Our first one is pajamas! The boys gets new pajamas on Christmas Eve every year! This makes for the best pictures (because the PJ's fit, and are not worn out in any way!! :) ) and it is fun. I was wanting to sew pajamas this year, but unfortunately I didn't get a sewing machine like I wanted to. (I did, however get a DLSR camera, so I am NOT complaining! LOL)

Second: We always do something to help another family enjoy Christmas. We usually do something through our church, but whatever the face or form of it, we always find someone else to help - generally anonymously, and I love this. This is one of those things that always makes my heart happy!!

Third: Luke, chapter 2! We read this every year on Christmas morning, before we unwrap any presents. I love to use this story to talk to my children about what a gift Jesus was and is to us, and about the gifts given to Jesus.

Fourth: For the last couple years we've spent Christmas day in Colorado with my Mom & Dad & Sister. This year we will be celebrating my nephew's first Christmas, and my brother will also be with us!

We do have some fun traditions, and I thoroughly enjoy this time of year. We give our kids stockings, but Santa doesn't visit. We have many reasons for this, maybe I'll post again tonight with a "No Santa? Why Not?" and explain this further....we shall see!

I'd love to hear about your Christmas traditions, don't hesitate to leave your comments below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment