Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It's midnight, so it's officially Christmas, and I am so thankful for all of my many blessings this year.
I just successfully made divinity for the first time ever. To make an exciting kitchen experience even better - my Mom gave me my Grammie's recipe for divinity...and I did it right. Mom loved it and I'm feeling like the queen of the kitchen at the moment!!
My brother was here for Christmas...this is the first time I've seen him in 4 years - the last time I saw him Asher was just about 8 months old. We spent some time with my family in October of 2006 - and that was the last time I saw my brother until this Christmas. It was wonderful to see him - and he will be back again tomorrow! My heart is full!
My boys got completely spoiled rotten - they received so many wonderful gifts and they are enjoying their family. Today Isaiah told the cashier at Walmart that he wasn't my mom's grandson, he was just his other Grandma's grandson. They are so funny!
Asher wants to play with Charlie all the time, and Isaiah spent the afternoon trying to open Caedin's gifts for him. It was so wonderful to spend my nephew's first Christmas with him! He is such a cutie and such a sweet boy.
I am reminded of the love of Christ and the forgiveness He offers and teaches us to offer. The snoozing man on my couch - yes, my ex husband....whom is quickly becoming one of my best friends....is here too. My family has been warm, welcoming, and loving toward him. They have accepted him as always, given him gifts, and been easy to be around. It doesn't get any better than that.

I challenge you to recognize the intangible gifts that you have received this year, and let God speak to your heart about the good things you have. Remember the forgiveness that Christ was born to offer you and me, and the forgiveness He's calling you to offer to all of the people in your life.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a blessed night!

No comments:

Post a Comment