Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 1: Realizations...

I made it back for my official Day 1!

WOW! I'm proud of me. :) I've realized some stuff lately. Such as:

Some things are final, no matter how many doubts you occassionally have.

I love to do all things cooking and baking, aside from cleaning up after myself.
        I am currently obsessed with new recipes and making fun lunches and dinners and desserts. On my stove, being eaten faster than it should be, is a whole wheat, chocolate tex-mex cake. MMMMM. Homemade, from scratch, icing too...and it is bomb.

My life will go on no matter what, or who, hurts me, leaves me, loves me, likes me, hangs with me, doesn't hang with me, etc. God is my portion, and I want to settle into that truth deeper over the last days of this year, and the rest of my life.

I will get annoyed. I will get frustrated. It is not my sworn duty to annoy and frustrate everyone around me just because I'm in a bad mood. It is my duty to actually NOT do those exact things, and to exercise some self control and restraint.

My kids aren't going to think very highly of me in a few years when they realize I'm crabby and yell all the time. I need to find my joy in Jesus and be a calmer, quieter Momma, who takes the time to recognize their intention, while calmly, respectfully correcting their actions.

If there is nothing else that comes from blogging daily, I've already come to realize that I will gain a deeper understanding of myself, my relationships with others, and my world. Maybe tomorrow I'll include a photo with my blog- afterall, I am loving my new camera! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment